From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Small cleanup of ebuild-functions.tex
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:38:10
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:21:24 +0200
Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
> First change: the test phase is only run when enabled. Since PMS > doesn't document FEATURES yet we can only say "if tests are enabled" > instead of being more precise. Well, defining FEATURES shouldn't be > too hard, but that's for another day.
Please cross-reference that to the part where we explain that src_test is run at user option. You might also want to tidy up the language on that so that the user option part is explained even if kdebuild is disabled.
> Second change: The phase order for package updates and reinstalls is > the same. This makes a whole chunk of the listing redundant, so we > can collapse it.
Actually, this one's a bit of a mess, thanks to Portage making a non-EAPI-controlled order change that was supposed to go in in EAPI 2 but didn't. If you're updating it, please do so to accurately reflect both orders that can be and are used.
> 3 lines added, 21 removed. Isn't decrufting great?
Decrufting is only good if what you're doing really is removing cruft... -- Ciaran McCreesh