From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Bash features
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:03:24
1 Hi,
2
3 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>:
4 > The most sensible interpretation would be to treat the bash version
5 > requirement in the same way as an ebuild dependency. If an ebuild
6 > says
7 > >=app-shells/bash-3.2 (it should be >= here, not =*, because ebuilds
8 > >need to
9 > work with bash 4 too, but the principle is the same), then it means
10 > the ebuild is expected to work with /any/ version that matches the
11 > dependency. The only difference is that we have a spec that defines
12 > the "dependency" which ebuilds are supposed to respect, as opposed to
13 > documenting the requirements of a package that someone already wrote.
14
15 We can leave the spec as it is, in the end it was a bug fix which
16 resulted in the behaviour we wanted to specify.
17
18 V-Li
21 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
22 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
23
24 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>