From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Scope of EAPI 3
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:34:29
1 >>>>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Zac Medico wrote:
2
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >> Unfortunately, Zac is doing otherwise, and experience shows that
5 >> what Zac does ends up being the final decision. You'll need to
6 >> either convince him to revert the other things he's put in EAPI 3
7 >> (which I think is just unpack changes, so far), or get the Council
8 >> to make him do so, or persuade the Council to change their minds on
9 >> what's in 3.
10
11 We don't need to do anything of the above. We abide by the council's
12 decision, because the council defines what goes into an EAPI and what
13 not.
14
15 In any case, since .xz support will be in EAPI 4, it would be a
16 trivial change to move it to EAPI 3.
17
18 > The council doesn't have to "make" me do anything. The final EAPI 3
19 > will have exactly what the council wants and nothing more. I added
20 > xz unpack in EAPI 3_pre2 because I just assumed that everyone would
21 > agree on it. If the council wants to exclude xz unpack in the final
22 > EAPI 3, that's okay and I'll do as the council wishes.
23
24 Thank you for the clarification.
25
26 I guess it's an one-line change in Portage to include or not include
27 xz in EAPI 3?
28
29 Ulrich