From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Blockers in any-of groups
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:05:11
1 On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:49:18 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 > PMS says in [1]: "A blocker is considered to be matched if its
5 > associated package dependency specification is not matched."
6 >
7 > So if I want to block against a version range, I would expect the
8 > following to work:
9 >
10 > RDEPEND="|| ( !>=app-misc/foo-3 !<=app-misc/foo-5 )"
11 >
12 > For foo-2, the first version specification is not matched, so the ||
13 > group should be matched. Similar for foo-6 and the second one. Whereas
14 > foo-4 matches both specifications and should be blocked.
15 >
16 > However, Portage doesn't seem to work that way and reports a blocker
17 > against foo-6.
18 >
19 > Do I interpret the spec incorrectly, or is it a bug in Portage?
20
21 I seem to recall not implementing this at all in Paludis, and just
22 having an error message which suggests that someone has done something
23 awful and that we should deal with it if the issue ever comes up...
26 Ciaran McCreesh