From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Do we really need eight commands for sandbox control?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 10:30:49
1 The current EAPI 7 draft introduces rmread, rmwrite, rmpredict, and
2 rmdeny in addition to their add* counterparts.
3
4 This looks like a short-sighted solution and I believe that it is
5 going into the wrong direction. It is entangled with the details of
6 the current sandbox implementation. So if new features like network
7 sandboxing should be added later, we'll either need another set of
8 commands for those, or we'll end up with removing the rm* commands
9 again, in favour of a more consistent interface.
10
11 Since the rm* commands aren't urgently needed (the only things that
12 could profit from them are the live eclasses which are a corner case
13 by themselves), I suggest to omit this feature from EAPI 7 and rethink
14 the whole sandbox API for EAPI 8.
15
16 Ulrich