From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] The order of functions for upgrade/downgrade
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 21:21:57
1 On 04/04/2010 12:19 AM, David Leverton wrote:
2 > On Saturday 03 April 2010 22:11:55 Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> What is the order that other PMs currently use?
4 >
5 > Paludis uses the "old" order for EAPIs 0 and 1, and the "new" order for 2 and
6 > 3 (going by the EAPI of the newly-installed package). I thought the plan was
7 > for PMS to specify the new order for 2 and later (and in practice, probably
8 > make it undefined for 0 and 1) so it's probably an oversight that it doesn't.
11 Yeah this seems prudent to me and was actually what we were just talking
12 about on #gentoo-dev.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri