From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:23:34
Ulrich Mueller wrote:
 > Please find a new iteration of the patch below.

Apologies for not noticing these sooner, but now that I come to
implement it...

1) Should an empty value be allowed here? 2) If there's a trailing comment it needs to have at least one whitespace between it and the end of the value: [dleverton@shiny-one pms] $ EAPI=123#foo [dleverton@shiny-one pms] $ echo ${EAPI} 123#foo
> +The package manager may optionally determine the EAPI of an ebuild by parsing its first non-blank > +and non-comment line, using above regular expression. If a recognised EAPI has been determined > +such, then the package manager must make sure that the \t{EAPI} value obtained by sourcing the > +ebuild with bash is identical to the EAPI obtained by parsing. The ebuild must be treated as > +invalid if these values are different.
3) If the first non-blank non-comment /doesn't/ match the magic regexp, should the PM insist that the post-source EAPI is 0 (or unset), or should it accept whatever it gets?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI specification in ebuilds Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>