From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] The order of functions for upgrade/downgrade
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 21:11:47
1 http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/ch05.html#package-ebuild-phases
2
3 Currently PMS has what <2.1.5 does.
4
5 21:05 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: We should put a note to devmanual that if
6 you rely on order of things you should use at least that EAPI
7 21:06 < zmedico> Betelgeuse: EAPI 1
8 21:06 < zmedico> oh, I mean EAPI 2
9 21:06 < zmedico> <2.1.5 supported EAPI 1
10
11 What is the order that other PMs currently use? If the new order is used
12 by everyone currently maybe we should change the order for EAPIs like 2
13 and 3. At least should have the current behavior of Portage for EAPI 4
14 so that if people need it then they should use EAPI 4. I know that
15 Portage shouldn't have changed it so no reason to bring it up.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri