From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Mismatch between tree and PMS
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:30:37
1 On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:21:43 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:28:44 +0200
5 > > Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
6 > >> [ fix PMS to demand bash 3.2 instead of 3.0 ]
7 >
8 > In short you are asking to put this item for the next council meeting.
9
10 No, I'd like to see a discussion on gentoo-dev@ started by someone who
11 thinks we should make the change, where that person explains fully both
12 sides of the decision without resorting to FUD or comments like
13 "warblgarbl". Once that discussion has taken place, and any new
14 viewpoints have been discussed, *then* I'd like to see the matter go to
15 the Council.
16
17 I don't think we should be asking for comments on changes until after
18 the developer-base at large has had a chance to discuss the issue. This
19 isn't a simple "there are advantages and no disadvantages" issue, which
20 is largely why it's been avoided until now.
23 Ciaran McCreesh