From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:22:05
Am Samstag 23 Juni 2012, 22:17:51 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:09:31 +0200 > > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote: > > It is certainly possible refine this more. Allowing only EAPI=5 > > ebuilds in package.use.stable.*, and have the files only take effect > > there, comes to my mind. However I doubt if these restrictions are > > really necessary and if a EAPI dependence at this place in the > > profile makes actually sense. > > The way we usually word such things is to have a table of EAPIs where > support is required if the package mangler accepts indicated EAPIs. Then > it's an error for ebuilds to rely upon support if they don't use one of > those EAPIs. This gets you out of the profile EAPI requirement.
OK, additional patch (on top of the previous one) is included. It states that atoms inside package.use.stable.mask etc *must* resolve only to EAPI 5 ebuilds. I'm not fully convinced yet that this restriction is really necessary, but it's imho a compromise. Cheers, Andreas -- Andreas K. Huettel Gentoo Linux developer dilfridge@g.o

File name MIME type
0002-Pin-stable-masking-to-EAPI-5.patch text/x-patch
signature.asc application/pgp-signature