From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Moving PMS hosting
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:56:23
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:05:36PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> When we originally moved PMS to be hosted on Gentoo hardware, we got a > number of guarantees regarding hosting, including that infra access > wouldn't get arbitrarily yanked with no notification.
"arbitrarily", "no notification"? Bug #282470 (locked bug, you had access to it) was the userrel handling, and they requested your account be locked for one week. The message is clearly displayed when you login. If that's "arbitrarily" in your opinion, then really your world-view is far skew than I had previously thought. There is no great conspiracy. The government isn't out to get you.
> Since those promises haven't been met, and accounts are mysteriously > being locked without anyone bothering to tell those involved,
Userrel warned you, and asked me to cut off said access (Bug #285231 for tracking it, with a due date for next week so that the block gets removed), I did so this afternoon.
> and I've no interest in playing politics to try to find out who's > monkeying around this time, we need to find new hosting. > As previously discussed, I've created a Github repo which you can find > at: >
Fine, go and use it. That sounds like a royal "we", as I don't think the actual project members will be joining you.
> Any volunteers to update the project page and ebuilds? I'll ask infra > to remove the hosting on overlays.g.o once those're done to avoid > confusion.
No. Similar to SourceForge's policy of non-removal, we don't remove prior work just because it's presently duplicated somewhere else. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] Moving PMS hosting Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>