From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:10:28
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:45:48 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> > And the resolution for that was to make it possible to disable > > kdebuild-1. > > you were told multiple times that it doesnt belong in the master > branch and that it should be deleted. if you actually wanted to > retain it, you could easily create a kdebuild-1 branch.
Uh. No. As per the Council's request, we turned off kdebuild-1 for the approved generated versions of the spec, and we made it possible to show kdebuild-1-specific things in a different colour. 22:22 < dberkholz@> ciaranm: you've got your answer. gotta keep the conditionals, it seems
> > That is not the same as deleting it while there are still > > users who have kdebuild-1 packages installed. > > the only people who have such packages installed were using an > unapproved spec with unofficial package managers. as such, it is > their problem to continue to support the crap and this argument is > bunk.
So you're telling users who did what the Gentoo KDE project told them to do that you don't care about them enough to handle the removal in a carefully controlled manner? -- Ciaran McCreesh