From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 4
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:12:54
>> Just a PMS idler, but my uneducated opinion (in case you wanted one ;) >> would be to keep EAPI 5 in master and branch for EAPI 4.
> I should explain that a bit. Master would be the branch that contains > everything, and the eapi4 branch would be the to contain just the > EAPI4 set of features.
So far the policy was that master should be kept as tidy as possible. For example, preparation for EAPI 3 (now called 4) was done in a branch. And we don't know yet what will be in EAPI 5. It's likely that the two features just removed from EAPI 4 will be part of it, but we cannot be sure (we thought they would be in EAPI 3 ...). Therefore I'd prefer not to keep them in master. Ulrich