From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:18:08
On 27 February 2012 11:06, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> AFAICS, the spec doesn't say anything about the characters allowed in > the name of an EAPI.
I think the logic behind that is that an EAPI defined outside PMS wouldn't be bound by PMS's rules anyway, and the EAPIs defined inside PMS are explicitly listed so there's not much point giving a general syntactic rule as well (and if there was one, it might encourage people to write code that blows up messily when it sees a hypothetical non-PMS EAPI that doesn't obey the rule, rather than simply treating it as unknown).

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>