From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] has_version and built_with_use ignore package.provided
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:28:27
1 On Monday 07 August 2006 23:39, Paul Bredbury wrote:
2 > That's what SpanKY said. Then he "fixed" quake2-data in bug #139693 to
3 > include has_version, simply to hide the broken behaviour of
4 > built_with_use.
5
6 > So, would you have fixed the bug differently, or are you using the word
7 > "plain" in the hope that you're right without having looked at the bug?
8
9 Well, I don't have the time to read all the discussions and read only the last
10 few replies of this one. Looking at the ebuild, I'd argue quake2-demodata and
11 quake2-data should block each other, but I might be wrong, since I don't know
12 the package.
13
14 The word "plain" - drop it, it's still wrong. :)
17 Carsten