From: Paul Bredbury <brebs@××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] has_version and built_with_use ignore package.provided
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:49:47
1 > it's also possible for it to raise an Exception.
2
3 Of course. I prefer my programs to *not* fall over in a big heap, so I
4 prefer to return a sensible result.
5
6 > If an ebuild is calling built_with_use on a package that isn't
7 > installed, something is very wrong.
8
9 Let's look at the example: quake2-data
10
11 The ebuild has been "fixed" by adding a has_version check, in the hope
12 that nobody notices that it's simply hiding the fact that built_with_use
13 would return the wrong result (logically opposite to what is expected).
14 --
15 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list