From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] add UUID for comparison of installed package to binary package?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 02:03:16
1 On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 12:11 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 02/14/2010 04:36 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > This gets nasty... you're basically talking about the rpm equivalent
4 > > of EPOCH.
5 > >
6 > > Not a fan of an adhoc UUID (especially since it'll become standard
7 > > via portage doing it), but a *timestamp* for the build, labeled as
8 > > such, gets you what you want and is usable for other things- detecting
9 > > when to rebuild a scm package for example.
10 > >
11 > > That route gets my vote, and should also address your intentions.
12 > > ~harring
13 >
14 > Ok, then how about a vdb entry named CTIME that contains an integer
15 > number of seconds since the unix Epoch?
16
17 That would be UNIXTIME vs CTIME I'd think.