From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] New possible developer
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:58:34
1 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > This is Rafael Fernández López. I'm a spanish student (computer
5 > engineering) and I'd like to know if I can do some work for portage...
6 > like translating it to spanish or if I see any bugs, fix them. I'm
7 > starting to read portage code, and I'd like to know if anyone can
8 > mentor me.
9 >
10 > Thank you very much.
13 Hi Rafael,
14
15 I'm not an official Gentoo developer but I hope to be sometime in the near future. To get started, I would recommend that you take an IRC client and /join #gentoo-portage on irc.freenode.net. I leave my client running there 24 hours a day so that I can see what the portage devs are talking about.
16
17 If you want to tackle some bugs, there are plenty of them. With your bugs.gentoo.org account you can add dev-portage@g.o in "User Preferences -> Email settings -> Users to watch". Also, you can do an advanced query for "bug owner is dev-portage@g.o".
18
19 Zac
20 --
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list