From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Signing off patches
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:45:45
1 On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 02:20:27PM +0100, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > Signed-off-by: Wrote (a substantial portion of) the patch
3 > …
4 > These suggestions all stem from the Linux project.
5
6 I love Signed-off-by, but in all projects where I've seen it used it
7 means the signer is agreeing to some form of a Developer's Certificate
8 of Origin [1]. Without such a DCO, I think the usual commit author is
9 sufficient. Co-authors can be listed with:
10
11 Assisted-by:
12
13 or something.