From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Porthole-Developers <porthole-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage 2.0.53_rc7 and overlay problems in porthole
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:54:13
1 On Mon, 2005-21-11 at 20:47 -0800, Brian wrote:
2 > It seems that all the recent patches in portage may have affected the
3 > ability to get info reliably from packages in the overlay. At least for
4 > porthole.
5
6 I've done some more debugging and found that the portage code does not
7 always return versions for a package that exists only in the overlay.
8 The following portage code in this porthole module was not returning
9 results for 2 packages in my overlay. Both are in the dev-python
10 category. But it does return versions for porthole (in both the portage
11 tree and my overlay) as well as porthole-cvs (app-portage category)
12 which only exists in my overlay. This happens repeatedly for these
13 packages.
14
15 code snipit:
16
17 def get_versions(self, include_masked = True):
18 """Returns all available ebuilds for the package"""
19 # Note: this is slow, especially when include_masked is false
20 criterion = include_masked and 'match-all' or 'match-visible'
21 dprint("PORTAGELIb: get_versions(); criterion = %s, package = %s" %(str(criterion),self.full_name))
22 v = portage.portdb.xmatch(criterion, str(self.full_name))
23 dprint("PORTAGELIb: get_versions(); v = %s" %str(v))
24 return v #portage.portdb.xmatch(criterion, str(self.full_name))
27 So, I did some more checking and moved the kiwi directory to my
28 app-portage overlay category and re-tested.
29
30 It worked correctly. Further digging, I found the permissions on my
31 overlay dev-python directory to be 754 and not 755 as is the app-portage
32 category. Changing the permissions fixed the problem.
35 Perhaps it might be a good idea if portage could report a permissions
36 problem encountered in an overlay. This portage behaviour has changed
37 from the past. Perhaps a QA type notice about the permissions not being
38 set correctly should be printed.
39 --
40 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
43 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list