From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Is there a way to skip tests even having "FEATURES=test" in make.conf?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:04:33
1 El mar, 31-08-2010 a las 08:03 -0700, Zac Medico escribió:
2 > On 08/31/2010 05:14 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > Hello
4 > >
5 > > Let me explain my problem:
6 > >
7 > > I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
8 > > update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
9 > > FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
10 > > to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.
11 > >
12 > > I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
13 > > packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
14 > > later again.
15 >
16 > In order to avoid that, a usually suggest to enable USE=test in
17 > make.conf so that it's enabled regardless of the FEATURES=test state.
20 Silly me! It was so simple... :-O, thanks a lot!
21
22 > BTW, in the latest 2.2_rc releases there's support for
23 > /etc/portage/package.env which can be used to enable or disable
24 > FEATURES=test for specific packages. The package.env support will
25 > also be included in portage-2.1.9 which I plan to release sometime
26 > this week.
27
28 Nice! Thanks a lot for your work (and for the work of other portage team
29 members of course)