From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Current portage well designed, but badly used
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:51:36
1 On Tuesday 30 November 2004 23:22, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 09:08, Gustavo Barbieri wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:48:54 -0600, Michael Tindal <urilith@g.o>
4 > > wrote:
5 > > > Jstubbs is working on an api that will make its way into a later
6 > > > revision of portage. As far as parsing
7 > > > ebuilds, they are sourced directly from bash.
8 > >
9 > > There is any explanation/roadmap/design I can look at? Jstubbs reads
10 > > this list? What's his goals, how he want to achieve it?
11
12 I read your first message, thought to myself "does this deserve an answer?"
13 and then ignored the entire thread, apart from Michael's and Brian's posts.
14
15 > He'd have to state his goals-
16
17 Strict clear dependency resolution. It's already slower in CVS and, at least
18 theoretically, can only become slower. On the other hand, it should save
19 hours and hours in compile failures.
20
21 Regards,
22 Jason Stubbs