From: Michael Schilling <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions regarding the new portage API (savior branch)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:42:55
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 some days ago I asked about a portage API on #gentoo-portage and they
4 pointed me to the new portage rewrite (saviour branch). Because I want
5 to do a complete OO rewrite of my program glcu (glcu.sf.net) a OO
6 portage API would be really useful. And I think this would be useful for
7 any other portage tool (e.g. porthole or everything in gentoo-
8 portage-tools ) as well. So before I write some extra stuff that can
9 only be applied to my program, it would probably be a lot better to
10 directly help with a high level portage API. Therefore I would
11 appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. To be
12 able to start, I have a few questions:
13
14 - Is one of these svn-web-repository up to date?
15 * http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/branches/savior/
16 * http://mzz.mine.nu/bzr/savior-svn/portage/
17
18 - Where can I find general ideas about the functionality of the planned
19 new portage API. (TODO files, anything about the general structure)
20
21 - Is any API functionality already implemented (so that I can learn how
22 it is meant to work). Where can I find the corresponding files?
23
24 - When is the best time to find some people of the savior branch in
25 #gentoo-portage (I don't have time to lure in the # all the time, but
26 it's probably the best and quickest way to get more informations)
29 Any help is very much appreciated!
32 Bye,
33 Michael
37 Michael Schilling
38
39 eMail : gentoo@×××××××.de
40 URL : http://glcu.sf.net/
43 "Change my name I remain the same." - Moloko
44 --
45 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list