From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Tools-Portage Lead
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:48:18
1 All:
2
3 I inherited the tools-portage lead position on 12/1/2008 when genone
4 retired from Gentoo, and have been the lead since that time.
5
6 Reading GLEP-39, it is not clear to me if a sub-project needs to have
7 their leads elected or not. Anyhow, I'm asking the following:
8
9 1. Do we want to elect a tools-portage lead?
10 2. Do we want the portage lead to select/confirm the tools-portage lead
11 when they are elected?
12 3. Do we just want continue as we have been until I get tired of the
13 position and step down?
14 4. Any option not already listed.
15
16 Since the tools-portage team is quite small, there hasn't been any real
17 issues with the leadership or running the team, our problems are lack of
18 manpower and time. I'm only asking this since the Council would like
19 all projects to consider electing or confirming the project lead(s)
20
21 If we do decide to hold an election, I will like to nominate myself and
22 Brian as co-leads.
23
24 Regards,
25 Paul