From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-ng concurse entry Was: Updated Portage project page
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:11:29
1 > If you use a backend db using sqllite, you just have 1 file representing
2 > your DB, and so, your portage tree. Then you can send this file through
3 > rsync. Another DB file should be used to manage installed package. an
4 > emerge -UDp world should just look in the installed DB for packages, and
5 > then compare status in portage db. Maybe an idea...
6
7 I'm not sure every body has understand this :(
8
9 I just wonder why the tree has to be build on the cliend side. Official tree
10 should be built on gentoo servers, and should be updated when new ebuilds are
11 available in the tree.
12
13 this will be part of the python/twisted/sqlite prototype I'll start tomorrow
14 (with Jason Mobarak, who proposed himself to help !).
17 Philippe
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list