From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Connecting source and binary packages.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:21:21
1 Jason Cipriani wrote:
2 > I have mozilla-firefox-bin installed, but when I update things that
3 > depend on firefox (such as epiphany), they attempt to get
4 > mozilla-firefox instead. How do I make emerge realize that I already
5 > have the binaries installed and don't need the source distribution?
6
7 This isn't a support forum. Please post this on the gentoo-user mailing list.
10 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
11 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
12 --
13 gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o mailing list