From: Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Constraint-Based Dependency Solver for Portage: a prototype
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:27:56
1 Unfortunately I am way too busy to even entertain looking into this in
2 any detail. A few years ago I was hoping to work on something like this,
3 though in Agda (or possibly in Haskell or Coq), and do work on making
4 Portage much more modular so that you could actually pick whatever
5 dependency resolver you wanted -- even going as far as "Don't like the
6 resolution you were presented now? Try using another resolver" messages.
7 But alas that job ended before I got very far.
8
9 However, I wanted to take the time to drop you a tiny note of
10 encouragement. I think this looks really great, and I hope someone on
11 the team finds the time to look into it in more detail than me.
12 --
13 Alexander
14 bernalex@g.o
15 https://secure.plaimi.net/~alexander