From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Dynamic USE dependencies
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:22:00
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > 1. They can STILL populate /etc/portage/package.use
4 > 2. They could manually install a package with one-time specified USE
5 >
6 > Why do we need another mechanism to control what flags a package gets
7 > installed
8
9 We do not *need* it. By why reject it if you can get it for free
10 by just making the it transparent to the user?
11 The user should be able to decide e.g. when to clean it up
12 and select perhaps e.g. only a certain classes which should be
13 cleaned up (e.g. by removing all/certain cpu_flags_x86 and
14 letting them regenerate).