From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Undo feature in portage-ng ?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:51:55
1 Nicolás Echániz said:
2 > # emerge unmerge thissocoolapplication
3 > does not unmerge the dependencies that were installed along with the
4 > application, does it?
5 >
6 > What I usually do is look into /var/log/emerge.log to see what
7 > dependencies were installed when I installed thissocoolapplication and
8 > unmerge them all. This could be done automatically, but would only be
9 > approppriate if you were unmerging something you just emerged.
10 > Otherwise, you could unmerge a library that is a dependency to some
11 > other package that was installed later.
12
13 emerge -v thissocoolapplication
14
15 <brings in plenty of deps not used by another package, and adds
16 thiscoolapplication to the world file>
17
18 emerge -v --unmerge thiscoolapplicaton
19
20 <removes thiscoolapplication from the comp and the world file>
21
22 emerge -v depclean
23
24 <lists things broughtin but no longer found to be needed>
25
26 genlop -lunr|tail
27
28 <lists recently installed stuff>
29
30 emerge -v --unmerge <apps emerged before thiscoolapplication and not
31 needed according to depclean>
34 Joe Booker
37 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list