From: "Yannick Le Saint (kyncani)" <y.lesaint@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Specific build permanent environment
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:28:06
1 On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 09:59, Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) wrote:
2 > Hi, first of all, i'd like to say how much i appreciate the goals of
3 > portage-ng's rewrite :)
4 >
5 > That having said, i would like to be able to specify a specific build
6 > environment for some packages, manually modifying the environment for
7 > emerge is just not sufficient.
8 >
9 > May i propose a /etc/portage/portage.d directory, where i could create,
10 > say a /etc/portage/portage.d/net-fs/samba/make.conf file which would
11 > modify the normal build environment.
12 >
13 > for example, my /etc/portage/portage.d/net-fs/samba/make.conf file
14 > would contain :
15 >
16 > USE="-ldap"
17 >
18 > this way i know that if samba gets upgraded, i won't have to recompile
19 > it myself with USE="-samba" emerge ... samba.
20
21 I meant i won't have to recompile it myself with USE="-ldap" emerge ...
22 samba of course. (just a typo).
25 > and maybe even a /etc/portage/portage.d/net-misc/jigdo/make.conf file
26 > with :
27 >
28 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
29 >
30 > so that if jigdo gets updated in ~x86 and i run x86 keywords (i do),
31 > jigdo will get updated (portage would know that i build jigdo with
32 > ~x86).
35 > Yeah, that's it, with maybe some mechanism to provide slot-specific
36 > informations, maybe ...
40 > --
41 > gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list
47 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list