From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] Add 'emerge --sync-glsa' action and 'emaint sync-glsa' command
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 02:20:41
1 On 12/17/2014 03:57 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 12/17/2014 02:32 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:30:53 -0800
4 >
5 >> But what about the different sync types. How do we handle this in a
6 >> git repo instead of an rsync one?
7 >
8 > I was thinking that we would only need to implement this for the rsync
9 > repo, since that's the only one that includes the glsas. If there's some
10 > reason to implement it for other sync types in the future, then we can
11 > do it when the need arises.
12
13 Also, at some point we might introduce a notion of submodules, similar
14 to git submodules, and if necessary each submodule could potentially be
15 synced using a different protocol. However, this is way beyond the
16 present needs. For now, simply extending the rsync module to allow
17 syncing of sub-directories should be sufficient (though I would not
18 expose the ability to sync arbitrary directories through the user
19 interface).
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac