From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] use* cleanup
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:08:40
1 On Thursday 01 November 2007, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
4 > >> The immediate motivation of my examining this code was a request on
5 > >> #gentoo-dev-help by lack for something which I could with my new code
6 > >> easily write like this:
7 > >>
8 > >> use_mime() {
9 > >> local WORD="$(_if $2 $2 $1)"
10 > >>
11 > >> _use $1 "${WORD};"
12 > >> }
13 > >
14 > > write where ? in eclasses/ebuilds ?
15 >
16 > yes
17
18 then there are problems:
19 - exported interfaces that people are expected to utilize should never ever
20 start with an underscore
21 - this is an API change which means you need to propose it and get it
22 accepted on the gentoo-dev mailing list
23
24 > >> if hasq ${flag} ${USE} ; then
25 > >> echo ${string_success}; return ${found}
26 > >> else
27 > >> echo ${string_failure}; return $((!found))
28 > >> fi
29 > >
30 > > no point in cuddling those lines
31 >
32 > Hmm, cuddling? I don't know what that means in this context.
33
34 it means there's no good reason for doing the echo/return on the same line
35 -mike