From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Transports
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:09:03
1 On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:20:56AM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 > Mostly was looking at a unified transport lib, with connection
4 > abstractions, which is basically what we have now, but lacks SCP/RSYNC
5 > support, and I think people would want that functionality, Remote repos
6 > with rsync for proto fex. That way the remote repo code only depends on
7 > Transports and all the proto mess is abstracted away. Maybe just keep
8 > em seperate and copy the rsync code? I kind of like the single vs multi
9 > approach now that I think about it more :P
10 Unifying the actual 'transports' crap into transports would make
11 sense, although I'd still posit a wrapper layer over whatever
12 transport layer in use would be required; iow, transports/rsync, but
13 sync/rsync still that imports portage.transports.rsync ..
14 ~harring