From: Paul Bredbury <brebs@××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] has_version and built_with_use ignore package.provided
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 22:18:14
1 > bad example
2
3 Wrong. It illustrates the situation in bug #139693. It would be wrong of
4 Fred to spontaneously combust after being asked Jane's question.
5
6 > However portage(or Fred) has no idea how the package was built
7
8 In which case, Fred has to assume that the house was built *with* the
9 shovel. Which is the current behaviour of Portage, and I agree with it
10 and haven't tried to change it. I'm pretty sure that you guys are
11 confusing these two issues.
12
13 > the answer to that question when present=FALSE is always TRUE.
14
15 Yes, you *are* confusing these two issues.
16
17 > I don't need to find an example
18
19 You do if you want to convince me that I'm wrong. I promise that I'll
20 eat humble pie. Tempting?
21
22 > so far 5 people disagree with you and zero agree with you.
23
24 I don't know how many programmers read this list that might be asleep
25 right now, who *might* agree with me later.
26 --
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list