From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Masked by corruption
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:48:17
1 I'm getting an inordinate number of masked- by corruption failures
2 since merging portage-2.1.2_rc3-r7.
3
4 Part of the problem is the addition of the complete dep graph. (Which
5 makes testing extraordinarily and horrifically painful; it now takes
6 emerge(1) about 20 to 30 minutes to get started, since reading in
7 everything in /var/db/pkg thrashes the dcache....) It is unable to
8 deal with some of the stuff already installed.
9
10 The "corruption" is not changed files. Hashes of the ebuilds always
11 match the srings in the Manifest files. It seems that it just doesn't
12 like old syntax.
13
14 Running with --debug did not explain what it found to be "corrupt".
15
16 I don't see any relevant bugs, and I think this requires some
17 discussion, hense this post.
18
19 It'll take a couple of hours for another sync and update to run,
20 should I even bother with -r8?
21
22 -JimC
23 --