From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Refactoring ebuild.sh
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:45:59
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 >>> Further, all of these are still overridable by *bashrc and env.
3 >> How?
4 > readonly -f .
5 > bashrc, env, etc, all can force different definitions of functions.
6 >
7 > This is why ebd sets it's required functions and marks them readonly
8 > *before* it even goes near ebuild data; do it the other way around,
9 > you're not guranteeing anything.
10
11 Right. Actually the next change I wanted to propose was to move all of
12 these functions above all sourcings, that's why I didn't even think
13 about that way. I decided it would be better to split up the patch into
14 the individual steps as it would be easier to adjust that way, but
15 obviously I split it in the wrong place ;) Either way, going to drop the
16 readonly -f stuff for this round.
19 Kind Regards,
20
21 Simon Stelling