From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge interruption - is it/will it be possible?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:43:37
1 On Sunday 25 January 2004 23:32, R. C. James Harlow wrote:
2 >
3 > They're both possible now, but it would be interesting to have emerge be
4 > a bit cleverer about it (afaik neither of these operations are possible
5 > with emerge, only with ebuild).
6 >
7 > Let me know if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
8
9 emerge --resume partially supports resuming a failed operation. I don't know
10 though whether that means that you can just resume at the compile stage.
11
12 Besides that, I find a personal overlay tree to be the best way to go about
13 peronal "fixes" to ebuilds.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze