From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Bugzilla workflow
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 22:34:26
1 On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 23:19 +0100, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > On 05/01/14 23:05, Sebastian Luther wrote:
3 > > I like this workflow because it makes it easy to see what has been
4 > > fixed since the last release. The only thing I have no use for, is
5 > > this InVCS keyword. I do not know what Zac used it for. Does
6 > > anyone have a use for it?
7 > I'm not sure what your confusion is. When a fix is pushed, it is InVCS.
8 > The bug is not SOLVED, because it only InVCS, not in a release.
9 >
10 > > Another topic is the bug status for open bugs, i.e. CONFIRMED,
11 > > UNCONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS. I've never bothered with changing them
12 > > and haven't found them useful, but Brian suggested to use
13 > > IN_PROGRESS at times. What are your thoughts?
14 > My interpretation is that CONFIRMED bugs are bugs that a developer is
15 > able to reproduce, and IN_PROGRESS bugs are bugs that a developer is
16 > presently working on a fix for.
17 >
18 > CONFIRMED is, in my opinion, very useful. IN_PROGRESS is not that
19 > interesting.
20
21 Oh, but it does has uses.
22
23 If you open the tracker bug. The bug numbers listed as blockers.
24 Hover your mouse over the bug number. A small popup window appears and
25 shows the bug summary and status. The keywords are not listed. So, for
26 a bug that has a fix in git for already. If you change the status to
27 IN_PROGRESS, then that status is visible in the popup. Making it easier
28 to not keep revisiting a bug only to discover it is already fixed. Same
29 applies to the bug search page. The status is shown, but not the
30 keywords.
31
32 I don't know about you, but even though I have a good memory for
33 numbers. It is not that good. They all look alike ;)