From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [Patch] Repoman rewrite stage2 modularization conversion complete
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:09:27
1 On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:28:51 -0800
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:40:08 -0800
5 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I have now pushed a fully rebased, properly sequenced commit
8 > > history to the repoman branch. To be honest I think all the
9 > > rebasing, re-testing took as much time as the initial conversion
10 > > and testing. Anyway, I consider the branch now ready for final
11 > > review. Since there are a total of 45 commits. I am not sending
12 > > them to the list at this time. They are available for review via
13 > > the repoman branch at
14 > >
15 > > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git/log/?h=repoman
16 > >
17 > > https://github.com/gentoo/portage/commits/repoman
18 > >
19 > > or github pull request for commit order convienience
20 > >
21 > > https://github.com/gentoo/portage/pull/22
22 > >
23 > > But please try to follow our standard rules and reply with any
24 > > comments or code review to this email thread.
25 >
26 > OK, There are 2 test failures I need to fix. The patch to the plugin
27 > system seems to have broken emaint. Also there is one repoman test
28 > failure which is I think related to the metadata.dtd url change.
31 Turned out to be more than just the None type vcs related failures.
32
33 It also is failing due to me modifying the metadata.dtd url in repoman
34 metadata.py updating it to the https://... url.
35
36 But here is the strange part. I've traced the trouble to the
37 resolverpalyground metadata.xml template still having it set to
38 http://...
39
40 BUT, it only correctly fails in python2.7 and pypy. Py3* it
41 incorrectly passes tests. Both locally and Travis CI
42
43 So, I believe that something must be broken if the tests pass in py3,
44 but not py2/pypy for that type of static data. Since the data
45 does not change, it should fail equally in all tested python versions.
46
47 Zac, Arfrever, any ideas why?
48
49 OK, after editing the template in tests/resolver/resolverplayground.py,
50 I'm getting all passes locally. Not that it means much at this point.
51
52 Summary:
53
54 | Version | Status
55 |--------------------
56 | 2.7 | PASS
57 | 3.3 | PASS
58 | 3.4 | PASS
59 | pypy | PASS
60 brian@professor-x ~/Dev/git/portage $
63 Here is the debug=True repoman/test_simple.py output:
64
65 brian@professor-x ~/Dev/git/portage/pym/portage/tests $
66 python2.7 ./runTests.py repoman/test_simple.py testCopyrightUpdate
67 (portage.tests.repoman.test_simple.SimpleRepomanTestCase) ... ok
68 testSimple
69 (portage.tests.repoman.test_simple.SimpleRepomanTestCase) ... >>>
70 Creating Manifest
71 for /tmp/tmpwfodHK/var/repositories/test_repo/dev-libs/A
72 >>> Creating Manifest
73 >>> for /tmp/tmpwfodHK/var/repositories/test_repo/dev-libs/A Creating
74 >>> Manifest for /tmp/tmpwfodHK/var/repositories/test_repo/dev-libs/B
75 >>> Creating Manifest
76 >>> for /tmp/tmpwfodHK/var/repositories/test_repo/dev-libs/C
77
78 RepoMan scours the neighborhood...
79 ebuild.badheader 4
80 dev-libs/A/A-0.ebuild: Malformed Id header on line: 3
81 dev-libs/A/A-1.ebuild: Malformed Id header on line: 3
82 dev-libs/B/B-1.ebuild: Malformed Id header on line: 3
83 dev-libs/C/C-0.ebuild: Malformed Id header on line: 3
84 metadata.bad [fatal] 3
85 dev-libs/A/metadata.xml: DOCTYPE: SYSTEM should refer to
86 'https://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd', not
87 'http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd' dev-libs/B/metadata.xml:
88 DOCTYPE: SYSTEM should refer to
89 'https://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd', not
90 'http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd' dev-libs/C/metadata.xml:
91 DOCTYPE: SYSTEM should refer to
92 'https://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd', not
93 'http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd'
94
95 Note: use --include-dev (-d) to check dependencies for 'dev' profiles
96
97 Please fix these important QA issues first.
98 RepoMan sez: "Make your QA payment on time and you'll never see the
99 likes of me."
102 EROOT=/tmp/tmpwfodHK/
103 FAIL
104
105 ======================================================================
106 FAIL: testSimple
107 (portage.tests.repoman.test_simple.SimpleRepomanTestCase)
108 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
109 Traceback (most recent call last): File
110 "/home/brian/Dev/git/portage/pym/portage/tests/__init__.py", line 222,
111 in run testMethod() File
112 "/home/brian/Dev/git/portage/pym/portage/tests/repoman/test_simple.py",
113 line 307, in testSimple "repoman failed in %s" % (cwd,))
114 AssertionError: repoman failed in
115
117 Ran 2 tests in 0.621s
118