From: Rajat Gujral <natkhat_2k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Help needed while installing KDE for gentoo
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:56:36
1 Hi ,
2
3 I have downloaded image (Kernel-2.6.12-gentoo-r6) for x86 architecture from the gentoo website and complied the gentoo kernel for pentium 3 processor (coppermine). But while emering portages for gentoo, after compilation of KDE portage my computer hangs permanentally and nothing more is done after that. Everytime when i restart my computer and emerge KDE, it starts compilation from the same point . Also i keep getting DMA_INTR errors sometimes while installion . I have tried using -c option with mke2fs but the errors still keep coming . Is it because of that . Can anyone please help me and suggest what would be causing this problem and how can i carry on with the installation.
4
5 I was facing some compiler problem (i368 VS i686 ) which then was resolved by using fix_lib_tools . Is there something that i maybe missing as this is the first time i am installing gentoo.
8 Thanx and regards
12 rajat
15 Rgds & Thnx
16
17 Rajat Gujral
21 | {When GREAT minds are at work.... |
22 | ... Impossibility is not an OPTION} |
24
26 Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page