From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] RFE: adding optional freshmeat id to metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:43:28
1 On Wednesday 10 December 2003 07:36, Sandy McArthur wrote:
2 > If this is the wrong place let me know.
3 >
4 > How about adding an optional freshmeat tag to the metadata.xml that
5 > could be used to robustly link the package with the contents of
6 > http://freshmeat.net/backend/ fm-projects.rdf (warning 72 meg file).
7 > This could be used to enable http://packages.gentoo.org/ to be updated
8 > with information on which packages had newer upstream releases since
9 > package maintainers frequently announce releases with freshmeat. A link
10 > to the freshmeat package page could be added which some users may find a
11 > useful resource. Freshmeat tracks a lot of useful metadata that
12 > package.gentoo.org can take advantage of like 'Development Status' which
13 > is from 'alpha' to 'mature' and indicates what level of maturity the
14 > package author thinks of her own work. Umm, links to screen shots or
15 > demo sites, dependency information, the more I think about it the
16 > possibly useful information that could be collected for free.
17
18 What would be needed for such a tag? (Except that dev's need to use it for it
19 to be usefull)
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze