From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] Change to kernel-2.eclass for bug #233266
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:00:34
1 On Saturday 23 August 2008, Mike Pagano wrote:
2 > After querying some folks in #gentoo-portage concerning bug #233266[1], it
3 > was suggested to me to add the entire /usr/src to PRELINK_PATH_MASK.
4 >
5 > To sum up the bug, when emerging tuxonice-sources with prelink installed,
6 > every file was checked which isn't necessary since nothing in there gets
7 > compiled during the install.
8 >
9 > After speaking to dsd, we were thinking of adding an env.d file from within
10 > the postinst_sources function in the kernel-2.eclass if the file does not
11 > already exist. This env.d file will add /usr/src to PRELINK_PATH_MASK.
12 >
13 > The thinking here is that the file would not be owned by any package so we
14 > would not need one per kernel source package and it would not be removed
15 > when unmerging a kernel package.
16 >
17 > Thoughts?
18
19 why dont we merge it into the prelink package
20 -mike