From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@××××××××××××××××××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Question about a blocker with portage-2.1.6
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:39:19
1 Hello
2
3 I am not sure if this is the proper place for asking this, if not,
4 please let me know the proper one and sorry for the inconvenience
5
6 I am using portage-2.1.6, when I tried to update to testing gtk+ I
7 needed to also update to:
8 =x11-libs/gtk+-2.14.5*
9 =dev-libs/glib-2.18.3*
10 =gnome-base/gail-1000
11
12 After adding these to package.keywords I executed emerge -avuDN world,
13 but it failed because of gail <1000 blocking gtk+-2.14.5 installation.
14 This was easily solved simply unmerging old version, but I would know
15 why emerge was unable to unmerge it and merge new version automatically
16 (I thought that new portage would do it, but seems that not in this
17 case)
18 gtk+-2.14.5.ebuild has the following:
19 !<gnome-base/gail-1000"
20 in RDEPEND
21
22 and gail-1000 has: