From: Dan Corson <dancor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] 'emerge' request: make --tree not imply --pretend
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:59:40
1 Even when I am running 'emerge' non-interactively, I like to have the
2 dependency record afforded by --tree. Currently when updating my system
3 non-interactively to get this I have to do:
4 (emerge -uDtv world; emerge -uDv world) &> logfile
5 because --tree implies --pretend. Could this implication be dropped?
6 Thanks, --Dan
7 P.S. If this is a reasonable request, it might be reasonable for the other
8 options that imply --pretend that I don't use, namely --changelog and
9 --columns.
10 P.P.S. Even
11 echo y | emerge -auDtv world
12 doesn't work because --ask wants a terminal.