From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] slow dependency checking
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:29:06
1 On Sunday 12 June 2005 02:09, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 June 2005 00:34, Brian wrote:
3 > > Am I correct in that the imported instance of portage was still using
4 > > the old metadata cache at the time of import? Even though the cache was
5 > > updated at the end of the sync. After a sync we should re-initialize
6 > > our instance of portage for it to use the new cache?
7 >
8 > Correct. I'm not sure what will happen in the future, but adding checks for
9 > this into the current design will noticably slow down the general case
10 > (where the cache isn't changed by external processes).
11
12 Incorrect. I checked the code rather than making assumptions and found that it
13 is going to disk everytime already - at least in the case of the default flat
14 files.
15
16 Regards,
17 Jason Stubbs