From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: initial EAPI awareness
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:18:09
1 On 08/27/05 Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > Hola.
4 >
5 > Attached is a patch that
6 > A) adds EAPI awareness to portage; mainly, if >0, complain and be
7 > unwilling to merge the package
8
9 Actually I just wrote also a patch for it (for 2.1), however instead of
10 complaining I just masked them (without unmask ability), just add a
11 check to gvisible() and getmaskingstatus() (actually just calling
12 dbapi.eapicheck()). That way it should be more transparent to users IMO.
13 Won't stop people from using ebuild(1) though.
14
15 Marius
16
17 PS: I'm aware that the cache changes probably aren't 100% correct.
22 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
23 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.

eapi.patch text/x-patch