From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] The road ahead...
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:20:23
1 On Sunday 16 October 2005 14:20, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > I am very impressed with the number of bugs closed in preparation for the
3 > 2.0.53 release (dependencies of bug 108082) and it seems like it is in
4 > everyone's best interest to keep up this pace so that all the easy bugs are
5 > closed ASAP. There is already a large list of *open* dependencies for the
6 > 2.0.54 (bug 108262) that will hopefully be closed and released soon. :)
7
8 It will likely be that some of the bugs marked against 108262 won't be fixed
9 in time. Perhaps it would have been better to just open a metabug when the
10 branch is opened and mark bugs against it as they are fixed.
11
12 > It should be possible to integrate some refactorings+features without too
13 > much slowdown of the easy bugfix release pace (call it the EBRP for now).
14 > IMO the timing of such merges should be limited to times that everyone
15 > (people with commit access) agrees will have a minimal impact on the EBRP.
16
17 Stabalizing 2.0.53 took 2 weeks - assuming all the regressions are now worked
18 out. Perhaps something like a 6 week cycle would be good? 2 weeks for any
19 change, 2 weeks for small changes only, 2 weeks stabalizing...
20