From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] DB and binary dependency
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:17:45
1 On 24/03/06, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Checking the interfaces/symbols sucks however, because you can only do
3 > it _after_ you've built whatever you're building (packages do adjust
4 > the defines/typedefs/structs dependant on configure/build options).
5 >
6 > As I stated earlier, bincompat (not binslot paul :P) is the route to
7 > go- it gives you up front information so a resolver can plan out what
8 > has to be rebuilt automatically.
9
10 no-no-no i'm not talking about binary and i will make another thread
11 when i go further with my own topic :) to use those interfaces, u dont
12 need to compile anything.
13
14 > ~harring
17 tvali
18
19 Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring
20 aircraft building progress by weight. -Bill Gates
21
22 For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple,
23 and wrong. -H L Mencken
24
25 Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is
26 when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine
27 theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
28
29 http://www.eskimo.com/~hottub/software/programming_quotes.html
30 http://www.softwarequotes.com/
33 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list