From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: QA Notice: ECLASS 'foo' inherited illegally
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:35:00
1 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> posted
2 20060424103851.GD11230@nightcrawler, excerpted below, on Mon, 24 Apr 2006
3 03:38:51 -0700:
4
5 > When it's (typically) not a valid bug in the ebuild-
6 > 1) binpkg merging, setup phase.
7 > 2) (pre|post)(inst|rm)
8 > 3) config phase.
9 > 4) When you've gone and screwed with PORTAGE_TMPDIR location, or
10 > wiped the env file when walking through the phases.
11 >
12 > Basically, portage doesn't always reuse the saved env properly- since
13 > the check relies on a proper env, it gets false positives.
14 >
15 > Fixing up the env handling is problematic- basically, that env _needs_
16 > to be reused (both the relevant portage snippets of it, and eclass).
17
18 Old post I know but I'm just getting back to it...
19
20 It looks like most of what I see isn't valid, then, as I have
21 PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/tmp which is your point 4.
22
23 Thanks for the bug reference and commentary on env handling. It's
24 particularly illuminating in light of the paludis discussion I had
25 followed on gentoo-dev.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
35 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list