From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-ng news item online -- I need help!
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:57:14
1 Hi All,
2
3 I just added a portage-ng news item to http://www.gentoo.org. I'm going
4 to need to put together a team of people to maintain and expand upon the
5 portage-ng requirements/specifications document. I would like to direct
6 this effort, but I'm going to need some significant help to keep the
7 document growing and expanding as we get good suggestions from
8 developers and users.
9
10 If you're interested in helping, please let me know. I need reliable
11 people who can make reasonable and regular time commitment.
12
13 Remember, this effort isn't about pushing for one particular
14 implementation, but to make sure that we have a "grand plan" containing
15 a comprehensive blueprint for what we want to do. So we'll start with
16 requirements, then move to the general architecture, and then start
17 hashing out the best possible implementation for each component. All
18 this needs to be done out in the open, which means everything needs to
19 be documented and posted online.
20
21 Regards,
22